Saturday, July 28, 2007

Remiss





A note on the upkeep of this blog: I know I have been remiss, and, sadly, this state of affairs will probably continue for the next two weeks or so. The reason: I am in Birmingham, Alabama ("The Pittsburg ot the South") at the Alabama Museum of the Health Sciences working on an upcoming touring exhibition to open there in early September called "Anatomical Theater."

"Anatomical Theater" will be a collection of photographs I have taken of medical museums around the world supplemented with objects I will curate from the museum's storage areas. The photos are from a recent pilgrimage to such medical museums throughout Europe and America as The Vrolik, La Specola, Musée Dupuytren, The Josephinum, The Mütter Museum, and The Hunterian Museum.

Above images from the UAB Museum of the Health Sciences and its backrooms.

Will do my best to update the blog, but have only intermittent internet access.

Anyone have any advice about things to do or food not to miss in Birmingham?

No comments: