Monday, November 2, 2009

Wes Anderson & Noah Baumbach at the New York Public Library, Next Monday, November 9th!


I know its rather twee of me, but I am a huge fan of Wes Anderson's work--well, to be specific, I am a huge fan of all of Wes Anderson's work except for his more recent live action film, The Darjeeling Limited, which I rather hated. But my hatred for that film has not in any way diminished my enthusiasm for the the rest of Anderson's œuvre.

On that note: I was quite excited to find out that the New York Public Library's fantastic "NYPL Live" series will be hosting a Wes Anderson event next Monday, November 9th, at 7:00 PM, which will feature Anderson in conversation with Noah Baumbach, co-author of the screenplay for Anderson's new production The Fantastic Mr. Fox and writer/director of the memorable film The Squid and the Whale. I just bought my tickets, $25 ticket price and Darjeeling Limited be damned! Hope to see you there.

Full info, including ticket purchasing information, can be found by clicking here.

Pictured above: Wes Anderson at Paris' inestimable Deyrolle Taxidermy and Naturalia shop, from the This Recording website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Darjeeling' was lame. This looks good!

Anonymous said...

i thought darjeeling was awesome. quintessential wes anderson film. however i felt like you could sense the pt. of the film where anderson wasn't the voice and copolla was. and that part wasn't as awesome but as a whole, its a classic wes film.